Municipal Golf Course
THURSDAY, AUGUST 6, 2020 STORM RECOVERY UPDATE:
MUNI REOPENED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HOLE 7 WHERE THERE ARE DOWN WIRES AND TREES.
COVID-19 Updates at the Summit Municipal Golf Course
How the Summit Municipal Golf Course is responding to the COVID-19 restrictions:
- The clubhouse area of the Muni will not be open to the public. Only players who are the next scheduled group to play will be allowed into the clubhouse 10 minutes prior to their reservation time.
- Golfers will be allowed onto the Green only with permission by the Golf Attendant. Groups will be asked to stand six feet apart outside of the Muni entrance while waiting to pay greens fees and tee off.
- We will have a golf attendant who will be taking Greens Fees. All individuals attending the Municipal Golf Course must be with the member with the reservation.
- We will have a second golf attendant who will be enforcing social distancing practices and cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas routinely, and after each use, in accordance with CDC guidelines, particularly in spaces that are accessible to staff, players, or other individuals, including, but not limited to, restroom facilities, counter tops, door knobs, range buckets, and other frequently touched surfaces and ensure cleaning procedures following a known or potential exposure at the golf course in compliance with CDC recommendations
- Flags will not be able to be removed from the holes and holes will be modified to comply with guidelines. Please note these will be more bumper style than holes.
- A maximum of four players will be allowed play per time slot. .
- Face coverings are required while entering the Muni and completing your transaction. During play, they are not required but they are highly recommended per Governor Murphy’s executive order.
- There will be no club rentals allowed.
- Golf balls may still be purchased.
- All golfers must leave promptly following their round.
- Pencils will not be recycled. Please bring your own pencil for keeping score if you would like.
General Summit Muni Information
Summit’s Municipal Golf Course, better known as the Muni, is a Par 3, 9-hole executive course designed by renowned golf architect, Hal Purdy. The course covers 13 acres of land that was once a private estate.
Opens Wednesday, April 1
Closes Sunday, November 15
Weekdays: 9:00 AM
Weekends/Holidays: 8:00 AM
Course closes approximately one hour before sunset.