Weekly Updates for the Week of August 26
There will be no Open Gym on Thursday, August 29; Friday, August 30; or Monday, September 2, 2019.
Open Gym Memberships
At the new Summit Community Center, registration will be required for all Summit residents to participare in our Open Gym Programming. Membership will be valid from September 3, 2019 through August 31, 2020. Membership grants the Summit resident access to all of the programs listed on this page and any additional pop up programs we may hold at the Summit Commutnity Center. Memberships are only available to Summit residents and proof of residency is reuqired at the time of registration. You may click here to register or call the Summit Communtiy Center at 908-277-2932.
Once registered, you will be asked to submit a photo to email@example.com. A photo ID will be created that will either be mailed to you or available for pick up at the Summit Communtiy Cetner. This photo ID must be presented and scanned in at the main desk each time you attend the Communtiy Center.
All participants will be asked to sign a waiver their first time attending Open Gym.
- Family Membership - $125.00 - Two adults an their children under 18 living at the same address in Summit
- Individual Membership - $50.00 - Any individual residing in the City of Summit ages 2-61
- Senior Membership - $25.00 - Any individual residing in the City of Summit ages 62 and up
Open Gym Programming
Share the Fun Club
NEW FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR, ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER FOR AN OPEN GYM MEMBERSHIP TO ATTEND THE SHARE THE FUN CLUB.
The Share the Fun Club is the City's after school program for all children residing in Summit Grades 2-8. The program runs every day school is in session from 3:00-5:30 PM. On half days, the program will open at 12:30. Please be sure to register for our weekly updates for any schedule changes.
The Game Room with ping pong, board games, pool and air hockey; The Benson Room with snack, homework help, and arts and crafts, and The Guida Gym with active activities like volleyball, soccer, and basketball will be open each day. Each room is fully supervised by staff.
Open Gym Programming is geared to give the whole Summit community access to the Summit Community Center. A variety of different programs will be offered to cater to all interests. As you know, the Summit Community Center only re-opened in June. Schedule changes may be made based upon participation. If you have any suggestions of programs you would like to see offered in the future, please email David Guida.
DURING OPEN GYM, THERE IS NO DIRECT SUPERVISION. A BUILDING ATTENDANT WILL BE PRESENT IN THE CENTER. THIS IS A DROP IN PROGRAM WHERE ALL ARE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE COOPERATIVELY. Should this not happen, please report it to the building attendant immedietely.
- Men's 50+, Men's 20-50, and Ladies (all gyms available): Mondays from 6:00-8:00 AM
- Ladies Open Basketball:Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 PM & Even number Saturdays from 9:00-11:00 AM**
- Men's 50 + Basketball: Wednesdays from 7:30-10:00 PM & Odd number Saturdays from 9:00-11:00 AM**
- Men's 20-50 Basketball:Thursdays from 8:00-10:00 PM & Even number Saturdays from 3:00-4:30 PM**
- High School and College Basketball: Thursdays from 5:30-7:00 PM & Odd number Saturdays from 3:00-4:30 PM**
- Volleyball: Mondays from 8:30-10:00 PM
- Yoga: Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 PM (Open to all yogis, kids with yoga experience welcome + adults)
- Zumba: Thursdays from 7:00-8:00 PM (Open to all families)
- Badminton: Sundays from 3:00-5:00 PM
- Pickleball: Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 PM
**Note: Saturday Open Gym will not be held December through March
This is the time where our littlest friends can come and enjoy the Summit Commtunity Center! Bring the kids down to enjoy some time running around the gym! We will have some games and balls, but feel free to bring your own. Held in the Investors Bank Gym. Must be supervised by a responsible adult as there is no supervision for Kid's Time.
- -Toddler/PreK Time: Monday and Thursdays from 9AM-11AM and Tuesdays and Fridays from 11 AM-1PM
- -Grades K-2 Time: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-5:30
The Game Room has ping pong, air hockey, shuffleboard, and pool! This room is open for drop in play. Please not there is no supervision in the Game Room. Adult supervision msut be provided for children Grades K-2. Important note: please respect the property in the game room. There are many pieces that are fragile including ping pong paddles, pool cues, and shuffleboard pieces.
- High School: Tuesdays and Thursday from 7:00-9:00 PM
- Adults: Mondays, Wednesdays from 7:00-9:00 PM
- Seniors: Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Children Grades K-2: Wednesdays from 5:30-7:00 PM