Please note that we will require patience this year due to COVID 19. Many changes have been made to structure of the program to allow for it to happen. We know some changes may not be ideal, but we have done our best to allow for this program to occur.
The City of Summit Department of Community Programs is offering our “In Town” Recreation Basketball League. All games and practices will be held right here in Summit. The games will be officiated by carded referees. Program runs from January through mid March. Participants will receive a reversible team jersey.
Open to All Summit Residents Grades 3-8.
Cost: $105 per participant
The season is expected to begin on Sunday, January 23, 2021
Regular season will continue through the week of March 13, 2021
- Masks will be required while playing the game and participating in practices
- Parents will NOT be allowed into any buildings for games or practices.
- We are working on arrangements to be able to broadcast the games.
- Temperature checks will be completed upon arrival every day.
- This year, there will be no skills evaluation to prevent the spread of COVID 19.
- Many other restrictions will be forthcoming
-Teams For Grades, 3, 4, and 5: this year, teams will be school and grade specific. Meaning, for example, all Lincoln-Hubbard School fifth graders will be on a team with other Lincoln-Hubbard School fifth graders. Where necessary, we may have at most two elementary schools per team.
-Teams for Grades 6, 7, and 8: this year, we will create mixed grade teams with skill level appropriate placements. Grade six will likely play separate from 7 and 8, however this may be combined into one division following the 7/8 schedule outline below.
Please complete the questions at registration honestly. These will guide how teams are formed.
Grades 3, 4
Weekday or Sunday
Guida Gym @ Community Center
Grades 7, 8
Weekday or Sunday
Investors Gym @ Community Center
Grade 5, 6
Middle School Gyms
Contact the Summit Department of Community Programs at 908-277-2932,