SFAC Membership Rules & Regulations
- SFAC Summit resident membership rates are limited to Summit residents and taxpayers, Summit business owners and lessees, City of Summit employees, Summit Board of Education current and retired employees, and active First Aid Squad members and their immediate families. Proof will be required. Membership is non-transferable.
- A limited number of SFAC non-resident memberships are available.
- Refunds will only be honored prior to opening day of current SFAC season.
- Applicants in excess of 6,000 will be placed on a waiting list and their applications numbered in sequence of receipt.
- All members ages 2+ (before Opening Day) will be issued a barcoded photo ID card which must be shown for admission to the SFAC and all SFAC equipment rentals.
- Barcoded photo ID cards are non-transferable.
- Lost cards will be replaced upon payment of a $10 fee.
- When bather load is not at capacity, members are allowed to bring up to 4 guests per membership.
- Members ages 11+ may enter the SFAC without an adult but may only bring guests ages 11+. Once a member is 16+, he/she may bring guests of all ages.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member. Members please note, you are responsible for the guests you bring into the facility.
- When bather load has reached capacity, management is authorized to limit guest privileges as necessary for the safe and proper use of the facility.
- No swimming when lifeguards are not present.
- No swimming will be permitted in the diving area of the main pool except as permitted by the pool manager.
- Diving is permitted only in designated diving areas.
- Appropriate clothing is required when at the SFAC. Proper swim attire is required in pool area including mesh-lined trunks for males and swimsuits for females.
- Dressing and undressing shall be done in locker rooms, only.
- Members and guests of the SFAC are strongly encouraged to bring their own lock to secure clothing and valuables in lockers. Locks and property must be removed each night. The DCP is not responsible for personal property brought into the facility.
- Children using the leisure pool must be attended by an adult at all times. Young children must wear approved swim diapers. Swim diapers are also available for sale at the front desk.
- Changing of diapers on the pool deck or chaise lounges is strictly prohibited.
- All persons having a communicable disease, open blisters or cuts, sore or inflamed eyes, ears, nose or mouth infections, excessive sunburn, or any type of skin disease will be excluded from the pool area. Bandages are not permitted in the water.
- Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past 7 days.
- Adult swims are at the Manager's discretion based on the time of day and the bather load and will be called at the top of every hour for 15 minutes.
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited at all times during general swim hours. U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets are permitted, provided that a responsible adult is in the water with the child at all times. Life jackets are not to be worn on slides or diving board.
- Animals are prohibited at the SFAC unless they are service animals accompanying persons with disabilities.
- No alcoholic beverages, smoking, or gum chewing.
- No food deliveries from local establishments will be allowed in the facility. All food must be consumed in designated picnic areas. No glass containers.
- The DCP or SFAC Manager may close or limit the swimming facilities or establish such additional rules and regulations if deemed necessary for the protection or welfare of persons using the facility.
- Any person who violates SFAC rules and regulations or the DCP Code of Conduct will be subject to immediate removal from the facility. Memberships are subject to revocation or suspension by the DCP without refund.
- Memberships obtained by means of fraudulent statement may be revoked without refund.
- Anyone transferring a card or receiving a transferred card may have pool privileges revoked for the remainder of the season without refund.
- Destruction of property may result in suspension or revocation of membership without refund.
- Trespassing during or after hours is subject to revocation or denial of membership without refund.