Screen On The Green Movie Series
The Screen on the Green outdoor movie series features a 36′ x 24′ outdoor movie screen, cinema sound, and the projection clarity of today’s best Blu-Ray player. Movie-goers are welcome to gather on the Green every Thursday night throughout July and August.
Join us before the movie for a Family Dance Party and a chance to take some selfies with all of your favorite on-screen characters. In past years, Screen on the Green has entertained movie-goers with performances by Medieval Times, Field Station Dinosaurs, as well as the minions from Despicable Me, Willy Wonka and the oompa loompas, and many more.
Screen on the Green is the proud recipient of the New Jersey Recreation and Park Association’s Excellence in Visual and Cultural Events Programs Award.
- Thursday Nights throughout July and August
- Family Dance Parties begin at 7:45 PM
- Movies begin at Dark
- @ Summit’s Village Green, 356 Broad Street.
- Free admission. All are welcome.
2015 Movie Series Lineup:
- July 23 – The Spongebob Movie
- July 30 – Home
- August 6 – Rio 2
- August 13 – How to Train Your Dragon 2
All events held throughout the City of Summit are alcohol-free events. Please bring your own lawn chairs and blankets.
2019 Movie Titles
Screen on the Green is going around the world!
- July 18 - Moana (we're going to Polynesia)
- Sponsored by Maplecrest Ford of Union, Lakeland Bank, My Gym of New Providence and the Summit Lions Club
- July 25 - Mulan (we're going to China)
- Sponsored by Maplecrest Ford of Union, JCP&L, Paul Ippolito Memorial Funeral Home, The Summit PAL and HudsonWay Immersion School
- August 1 - Coco (we're going to Mexico)
- Sponsored by Maplecrest Ford of Union, The Rubino OB/GYN Group, The Connection and HudsonWay Immersion School
- August 8 - Mary Poppins Return (we're going to London)
- Sponsored by Maplecrest Ford of Union, Christies International Real Estate of Northern New Jersey, The Summit YMCA and Summit Elks
As part of the experience, we invite you to interact with a few of the on-screen characters before the movie. In past years, movie-goers have enjoyed performances by Medieval Times, danced with minions from Despicable Me, Trapeze and Aerial artists from The Circus Place, and even been amazed by a 17-foot dinosaur from Field Station Dinosaurs.
Make dinner plans and enjoy our featured food truck of the week! This year we will have cuisines of the countries we are visiting.